The Department of Civil Engineering at Sree Sastha Institute of Engineering and Technology, Chembarambakam was started in the year 2002 with an intake of 30 with the approval of AICTE and the intake was increased to180 in the year 2011 along with 2 post graduate programs with an intake of 18 each.
The department was accredited by NBA in the year (2016). Within a short period of time the department has taken the concrete shape in carrying out the academic and non-curricular activities in an effective way. The graduates of civil engineering program will implement optimum solutions for societal problems using professional knowledge resulting in sustainable development of the construction industry and also to analyze, solve, design and execute projects with the fundamental knowledge of Civil Engineering.
It has also been creating opportunities for pursuing postgraduate programs in reputed Indian and foreign universities. The Department library has a collection of 206 books on various titles catering to the needs of faculty and students. The civil engineering department has full-fledged labs for both under-graduate and post graduate programme with excellent infrastructure facilities.
Programmes run by the department are,
B.E Civil Engineering
M.E. Construction Engineering and Management
M.E. Structural Engineering
To impart knowledge and excellence in civil engineering and technology with global perspectives to our students and to make them strong engineers to build our nation and fulfill the demands of Civil engineering in the society by playing a responsible role in the sense of self discipline, social responsibility and co-operative work attitude.
» To develop the students with a broad and complete education in fundamentals, applications, design and execution, that equips them with necessary skills to become a successful professional engineers.
» To create a congenial environment for interaction among students, faculty and technical staff to facilitate open thinking and learning process.
» To produce wholesome civil engineers to provide service for the wealth improvement of our nation.
» To provide advanced skills and knowledge of technologies in the research field and design areas of civil engineering in the emerging world class state-of-the-art.
On completion of B.E (Civil Engineering) Degree Programme, the Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering in their specialization involving complex engineering problems.
- Analyze a problem, identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using basic fundamental principles of mathematics and science.
- Design a system component or process to meet the desired needs and standards within realistic constraints such as public health and safety, social and environmental considerations.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as do research, analyze and interpret data and give clear solutions.
- Use and learn the limitations involved in recent techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Assess the local and global impact of engineering solutions on individuals, organization and society and the consequent responsibilities relevant to their professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Understand the professional and ethical responsibilities and norms of engineering practice. ∙ Work with multi-disciplinary teams, involve in team activities and accomplish a common goal.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community for presentation, documentation of reports adopting the design standards.
- Understand engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or a leader in a team, to manage projects in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Solve contemporary issues and create advanced technologies to engage in lifelong learning in the broadest scale.
- PSO 1: Graduates with proficiency in mathematics and physical science will excel in problem solving, design, interpretation of experiments and operating as a team for the solution of various issues in the core areas of civil engineering.
- PSO 2: The graduates of the program will be capable of operating effectively in a professional environment by executing quality construction work applying modern tools and techniques.
- PSO 3: The graduates will achieve excellent managerial expertise and outstanding leadership to succeed in position in civil engineering profession by lifelong learning and research in advanced areas & related field.
UNIVERSAL TESTING MACHINE (100 TONE)
Faculty Development Program
Faculty Development Program on Reinforced Concrete Elements
Field Visit To Ultracon Structural Systems, Chennai
Student had a one day Industrial Trip to Water Expo which was held in Trade Center under the guidance of 2 faculty member M.Kalaiselvi and Venkat Raman
Industrial visit to TATA Homes, Kuthapakkam, Chennai and understanding Construction of Spanish flat system
REACH FOR THE SKY
Students of Civil Engineering taking part in the National Level Quiz program conducted by TATA
Students’ visit to Matupetty dam-Kerala
Anna University Rank Holders
Construction Engineering and Management (Batch of 2019)
One of the best times that I’ve had – from every single perspective – academics, teachers, wonderful ambiance to learn, friends – the entire experience. The professors are dedicated and co-operative.
Civil Engineering (Batch of 2014)
My 4 years at SSIET had probably been the best of my life. I had been actively involved in many activities and fests through those years. I had very inspiring seniors as well as respectful juniors, and lovely classmates.
Structural Engineering (Batch of 2018)
I had a splendid experience as a student of the Department of Civil Engineering at SSIET. All our teachers are extremely knowledgeable and they’re always eager to help us in our times of need. They’re kind enough to each and every student. They don’t differentiate between anyone and so we always felt like we had their affection showered on us equally.
Structural Engineering (Batch of 2016)
My journey as a student of SSIET had been a memorable one. The various events held at our college reflected the intensity of bonding among us. Academics, Placements were common, but what I liked the most about my college was the support we used to get for pursuing different extra-curricular activities. The college management provided us the perfect platform to pursue our hobbies and interests and in return gave us proper recognition of our talent.
|S.No||Faculty Name||Qualification||Designation||Email ID|
|2.||Mr.S.SASTHA ARUMUGA PANDI||M.E.,||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|10.||Mr.P.THANGA KARTHICK||M.Tech.,||Assistant Professoremail@example.com|
|14.||Mrs.AMALA VALSALAN||M.Tech.,||Teaching Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org/|