About the Department
The Department of Food Technology was started in the year 2020 offering a 4 year B.Tech degree in Food Technology with an annual intake of 60 students. The importance of Food Technology lies in the fact that it has the capability to provide food to our population through scientific conservations, eliminating available losses and making available more balanced and nutritious food. The Department aims to stimulate the students to develop their skills and knowledge on selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of safe food. Curriculum for the course has been designed to project proficiency by applying scientific disciplines including chemistry, engineering, microbiology, and nutrition to improve the safety, nutrition, and wholesomeness of food. The Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with ICAR – National Research Centre on Meat, Hyderabad. Graduates can take their opportunities in soft drink manufacturing firms, catering units, restaurants, food research laboratories; food processing companies; spice and flour mills; quality control organizations, and packaging industries as Food Technologists includes Nutritional therapist, Product/process development scientist, Quality manager, Regulatory affairs officer, Scientific laboratory technician, Technical brewer.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Food technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of safe food.
- The B.Tech Food Technology is an UG engineering course in the broad area of engineering.
- This 4 years course contains 8 semesters, in which 75% of subject deals with major food technology, 15% deals with Chemical Engineering principles, 5% of subject deals with life sciences and the remaining 5% includes basic sciences & humanities.
- The Food technology in engineering stream focuses on involving research and analyses to increase the food shelf-life time along with processing & quality check.
- The graduands after completing this course has a vast opportunities in many food-related industries and other technology-related sectors such as education department, agriculture and alliance industries, hospital food dietary department, government, canteen, hotels, etc
DEPARTMENT OF FOOD TECHNOLOGY
- The Department of Food Technology was established in the year 2020 with an intake of 60 students with an ambition to create skilled personnel required for the food processing industries.
- The Department offers 4 years B.Tech degree in the stream of Food Technology.
- The laboratories are well equipped. State of the art infrastructure facilities in our department, dedicated & competent staff, and highly conducive environment for teaching-learning process are the hallmarks of Food Technology department.
- The Food Technology Graduates can play a major role in industries as Nutritional therapist, Product/process development scientist, Quality/Project manager, Regulatory affairs officer, Scientific laboratory technician, Technical brewer, Academician, Food Inspector, Entrepreneurs.
DEPARTMENT AT A GLANCE
Cell & Microbiology Lab
Chemical Engineering Lab
Microscopic Observatory room
|III Year||5 (1*)|
|IV Year||3 (1*)|
- *In R-2017, the candidates can select any one open elective paper from other Department in their 5th and 7th semester respectively to promote the interdisciplinary skills.
- The B.Tech Food technology syllabus comprises Humanities, Basic & Engineering Sciences, Professional Core & Elective Subjects.
Memorandum of Understanding
- The Department of Food Technology has signed an MoU with ICAR – National Research Centre on Meat to enhance the research based activities on novel food preservation, processing and quality checking methods
- Based on the MoU, 4 of our students has completed their short term project in ICAR-NRCM.
INTERNSHIP, INDUSTRIAL TRAINING & RECRUITERS
- According to AICTE internship policy, it is mandatory for all the Engineering Graduates and minimum of 600-700 hours should be spent by each graduate during their 4 years degree
- Top companies recruiting Food Technology Graduates